Saturday, May 12, 2012

A little about me...

Hey, welcome to my website!


This is my first post and I just wanted to tell you a bit about me. This site is to show my friends and family and everyone some of my "art" and to let them know that I'm using my money well, haha. Having this blog helps me relieve the stress that comes with the bundle package of high school. I really hope that you'll enjoy my photography and my small tips along the way ;)


Anddd.. If you wanna follow me on Instagram, my account is chlothephotopro. Pretty original, eh? Most of the pictures are taken by my iTouch but the more recent ones are taken with my Nikon.


Q&A


What kind of camera are you using for these pictures?


Well, some of my older pictures were taken by my little point and shoot Canon Powershot SD3500 IS (Digital Elph). I loved the camera, but since I wanted to pursue this hobby seriously I moved onto a DSLR; where I can be in control of my settings. So the DSLR that I have is a Nikon (yes.. I wish I had the Canon T2i) D3100. I've always (and still am) a Canon fan but I decided to go with the Nikon D3100, but if your debating if you should get the T2i or D3100 it really doesn't matter because they are close to the same. And I bought my DSLR with my own money (but then again all my money is from my parents...) and I got my Digital Elph as a Christmas gift.


How long have you've been taking pictures?


I really got interested in taking pictures in 2010 and I began to take pictures of things besides family photos and toursity shots. I realized that I had a real passion for taking pictures and experimenting with different angles, lighting, etc. I started off with my grandparent's Canon powershot and then I moved onto my SD3500 and onto the D3100.


Have you taken photography classes before?


Yes and No. I'm currently taking a Graphic Arts course in school and I love it so much. I've learned how to use Photoshop (FINALLY!) and how to develop film and use a old school film camera. It's just amazing and I would absolutely buy a film camera in the future. (Now to find a dark room..) And taking this class gives me an excuse to bring my camera to school and capture the moments of my years at high school. I'm also participating in my high school's Photography club and probably taking over Sophmore year with a friend of mine. We've taken pictures of the school plays for the school.  I've also applied for a position as the school's photography editor for the yearbook but instead I got the literary editor which is pretty awesome either way.  I also have some family friends who are professional wedding photographers (check them out at http://www.mattcheungphoto.com) and I love them to death. But they've allowed me to help (internship??) with their business because they'll be busy this summer. I'm also thinking about taking classes this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment